Monday, April 10, 2006

Hi, My Name's Tank and I'm A Rescue Dog














I’m part American Staffordshire Terrier and part Mastiff. About 6 months ago, I was hit by a car and was left in the street. Luckily, Alex found me and she was kind enough to help me. She took me to a vet, but they couldn’t do much to help my front left leg. They tell me that there was nerve damage and there’s nothing that can be done for it. I don’t notice it too much since I can still run and play.

Alex found a temporary home for me, so for awhile I lived with Kay and my buddy, Molson. Kay taught me how to have good manners and even took me on seminars and speaking engagements as an example of a trainable and well-mannered pup! Through Kay and Noah's Bark, I found my Forever Home with Romely and Josh. I try to stay busy, but I nap most of the day. My friend, Nina, stops by and walks me while Josh and Romely are at work. But when Josh comes home, he and I run and play at the park. I also have 4 rabbit pals (Oreo, Patrick, Simon and Sydney), also adopted from animal shelters. We share carrots in the evenings.

Lots of people think that dogs like me are no good and just mean. Well, maybe that’s true for some dogs, but not me. You find mean dogs wherever you go, the same way you find mean people. If I decided to hate people based upon all the crummy people I’ve met, I’d be in a bad mood all the time. I think it’s a matter of giving everybody a chance -- both animals and people. You never know, somebody you think you might not like, might turn into your best friend. And I think it has a lot to do with how you grow up. If people around you are mean and not very nice, that’s the way you’re going to turn out. Good thing my Forever Home is a good place. I have a good feeling that even though I’ve had a pretty rough start, in the end, everything’s going to be just fine.

You can look through my site and see what I’m up to. I'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

Pinkdotties said...

oh gosh his a beaty! love him!

Oreo said...

I have a 2 year old American Staffordshire Terrior that I rescued from the Humane Society at 6 months old. Her name is Oreo. She is the sweetest dog ever. Tank looks so lovable too. They are both lucky to have found good families!